Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mt. Olympus

Later today I will be leaving for an extended climb of Mt. Olympus in Olympic National Park. We will spend 4 days doing the 48 mile round trip to the summit. If we are successful, it will be my fourth time reaching the summit of this beautiful, majestic peak.

We will spend tomorrow hiking the low forested valley of the Hoh to Elk Lake. Friday we will move camp higher onto the flanks of Mt. Olympus in hopes of a nice sunset and close summit proximity. All this hard work should have us in a position to summit Saturday morning! Our final camp will be in Glacier Meadows before making the long haul out on Sunday.

I will be joined by my good friend Dale (who accompanied me last time) and the film team of Crest Pictures, Robert and Kathy Chrestensen. Wish us luck! And if you are in the area and see us on the trail, say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment