Thursday, April 1, 2010

2011 Mountains of Washington Calendar

Upon returning from Olympic National Park, I discovered my samples of Smith-Western's 2011 Mountains of Washington calendar had arrived at my doorstep. It was a nice treat to come home to!

I have two images in this calendar. The first one is for the month of March and includes an image I took a couple years ago on a trip up to High Divide with my good friend David Crowe. It was a great trip and included one of the latest flower shows I've witnessed in the mountains. It was early September and the huckleberry plants were already turning red right along side the lupine, paintbrush and asters!

The second image appears the month of May. What mountain is synonymous with the month of May? Mount St. Helens of course!

This image is from a fantastic backpack I did with my dad a few years ago. It's actually a repeat image for the calendar, having appeared previously in their 2009 calendar. In fact, it also served as a cover image for the calendar, along with an image of mine of Mount Rainier!

These calendars will be available in most stores in Washington this fall for those interested in checking it out.

Changing the subject, I just finished packing and am heading to Death Valley in the morning. I'll be gone 1-1/2 weeks and hope to come back with some nice images to share.

Also, I haven't forgotten about my Yellowstone posts! I have at least two more to share and will do so upon my return. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment