Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rainier 2012 Flower Update

Mount Rainier above lupine in Spray Park.
I thought a quick update was in order for the flower conditions at Mount Rainier National Park, since a lot can change in a week or two!

Spray Park, Skyscraper Pass, Berkeley Park, Summerland and the Naches Loop Trail are getting rave reviews right now.  Glacier Basin is also quite nice.  Grand Park is well past prime, as is Sunrise.

I have not visited nor seen reports from the south side of the mountain in the last few days, but I would expect Paradise and Mazama Ridge to be coming into their own.  I would also expect Van Trump Park and Indian Henry's Hunting Ground to be looking nice, as they typically coincide with Mazama Ridge for flower displays.  I hope to learn more in the next few days.

See you on the trail!

Edit:  I have heard from mutliple sources that Paradise is absolutely popping right now!  Maybe the best show in the past 10 years.  I'll be checking this out the next couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment