Wednesday, July 21, 2010

August Issue of Backpacker

Be sure and check out the current issue of Backpacker magazine on newstands now. It includes another one of my images of Mount Olympus from my traverse of the Bailey Range a few years ago.

Not only was this a very successful trip for me, it has also furnished a number of images that have seen the pages of various publications, probably more than any other trip I have done. It's a trip I would like to repeat soon.

I coupled this traverse with the Skyline High Route for a fantastic 8 day trip crossing the Olympic Mountains from north to south, starting at Sol Duc and finishing at Lake Quinault. I highly recommend this trip for its fantastic scenery, solitude and abundant wildlife.

This image was taken at the very begining of the trip, just above camp near The Catwalk on the shoulder of Cat Peak. It affords a pretty excellent view of the Mount Olympus massif and is a non-technical, albeit long, destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment