Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Visiting the Canadian Rockies!

Mount Assiniboine Reflection
I'm excited to be leaving for the Canadian Rockies in just a few days!  While I won't be visiting Assiniboine Provincial Park on this trip (pictured), I will in a subsequent trip in late September.

I do plan to photograph throughout Banff National Park and possibly Jasper National Park as well.  The opportunities should abound and I am excited!

I have visited the Canadian Rockies on several occasions.  I have hiked and climbed in most of the national and provincial parks associated with them.  However, years have gone by since I last enjoyed visiting one of my very favorite places.  Redemption!

I will be focusing on Banff National Park for this trip, primarily areas around Lake Louise.  I hope to venture into Jasper, Yoho and Kootenay as well, but they will be limited.  My photography will be mostly roadside and short dayhikes.

In late September I will be returning to these very parks - and more!  I will be backpacking into Assiniboine and Mount Robson Provincial Parks, as well as Yoho, Kootenay and Jasper National Parks.  It should be an exciting season.  I hope to return with many new images to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment