Friday, March 18, 2011

2011 Washington State Visitors' Guide

Good friends Alan Bauer and Kim Brown
on Steamboat Rock.
I have an image appearing in the upcoming 2011 Washington State Visitors' Guide.  I was excited at the publisher's selection, because it includes two of my good personal friends, fellow photographer Alan Bauer and one of my favorite writers, Kim Brown.

This image is from the first trip that Alan and I did together, and was full of fun memories.  One of those memories was unexpectedly meeting Kim at the trailhead, and her joining us on our trek up Steamboat Rock.  This was also the trip I first met another friend, Karen Sykes - who reviewed my book Mount Rainier for the Seattle Post-Intelligencer.  Did I mention how fun this trip was?

Oh, but it get's even more interesting!


2011 Washington State Visitors'
Guide

Unbeknownst to me when agreeing to submit this image, it would accompany an article written by another friend and accomplished writer, Craig Romano - a mutual friend to all of us!

If you get a chance, check out the free online version.

Here's to more future trips and projects together!


No comments:

Post a Comment