Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Western Byways, Wyoming Edition

Western Byways, Wyoming Edition.
Wyoming became one of my favorite states to visit long ago, after just a few trips. It offers Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, as well as my favorite - the Wind River Range.  Of course it offers much more, demanding further exlploration.

But, it goes beyond destinations. You can't escape the history and culture while visiting. Wyoming is cowboy country as I like to call it. It's not a tourism angle, it's a way of life. And it's a refreshing experience both for "city slickers" looking to escape as well as history buffs interested in Native American culture and/or settlers of the west. 

Did I also mention how much it has to offer for the outdoor enthusiast?  Mountain climbing, backpacking, hiking, horseback riding, rafting, fishing, hunting - the list goes on.

So when I was approached by Western Byways about photos for both the front and back cover of their Wyoming edition, I was intrigued. When I discovered both images they were interested in were from the Wind River Range, well, they had my attention!

If you are thinking of enjoying the experience of Wyoming, and I highly encourage you to do so, make sure to pick up a copy of this magazine. I have visited numerous times - more than I can count. And I will be back. I will always be back.

If you need some eye candy to understand what I am talking about, feel free to visit my Wyoming galleries at www.mountainscenes.com.

As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment