Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Backpacker Magazine

This past summer I spent a lot of time out of state. I visited Glacier National Park, Yellowstone National Park (yes, I still owe you THAT story!), the Oregon Coast, John Day Monunement, the Columbia Gorge National Scenic Area...oh, you get the idea.

So it has been fun to see the rewards from some of these trips in publications.

The image shown here is from my first evening of a seven day backcountry trip in Glacier National Park, known as The North Circle.

Before I left for the trip, I shot an e-mail to the photo editor of Backpacker Magazine informing her of my planned itinerary, in case there was anything I could help her with. She replied back that the magazine had no plans for any Glacier NP stories this year, but to have fun.

Less than a week before my departure, I received a request for images from the EXACT trip I was doing! Did I plant a seed? I can only wonder.

As a result of my submission upon returning, a few of my images were selected to appear in the pages of the magazine to support a story on - get this - The North Circle!

The image of the double-page spread is the best scan I could muster given the tools at my disposal. I would submit that the actual pages offer a much better viewing - available at a news stand near you! ; )

Oh, and a special plug for my friend Jon Cornforth, who's beautiful image from Saguaro National Park, AZ graces the front cover of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment