Friday, October 23, 2009

Show Time!

It's that time of year again. Fall is winding down as winter storms begin to approach the Pacific Northwest. Of course, this also means that its time for me to start working various arts and craft shows around the area, and likely some gallery presentations too!

I'm still working on appearance schedules. I do know I will be appearing at the 23rd annual Martin Sortun Holiday Bazaar on November 21st. It's one of the original bazaars in the Kent area and always has a great turnout.

Speaking of Kent, I had also hoped to participate in the popular Kent Holiday Bazaar at the Kent Commons downtown. But alas, it is not to be. I am on a waiting list in hopes of making the 2010 vendor list. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

The picture above is from one of our early booths. Gearing up for shows can be a bit of an investment initially, but worth it in the long run. We started out out with the backdrop panels seen in the picture, and have added notecard holders, book and calendar holders, and - yes, more panels!

I find working shows to be a lot of fun. I meet so many interesting people and enjoy sharing stories, answering questions, and learning various things about the people in my community.

I'll keep you appraised of future shows as time goes on. It would be fun to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment